Sunday, May 12, 2013

Medical Issues

Reading through the forums and the books, there will be health and body issues to deal with while hiking.

I'm a diabetic type 2 and will be watching for ways to deal with this disease while hiking.  Fortunately I am not on insulin so that is a big relief.  Hiking and exercise does help to lower the blood sugar levels and I am hoping that this big hike will keep me at normal levels.

I am finding that IBUPROFEN is mentioned often for pain relief and inflammation.  It seems that they are taken in large quantities and often.  I wonder what the "overdose" level would be.

For myself, I take GLUCOSAMINE CHONDROITIN  everyday.  It is part of my daily vitamin routine and has made a difference in knee pain from an old injury.   I know when I stop it only takes a few days before I notice a dull pain in my knee.  I don't intend to leave home without it.

Bandages for blisters is recommended.
An Ace Bandage for back and leg pain.
Knee elastic support bands.

To be added to as discoveries are made.....



No comments:

Post a Comment